Here is a quick list of shortcuts that I commonly use to speed up my browsing experience. Most of these shortcuts should work on other modern browsers such as Opera and Chrome, however I haven’t tested them all yet. Feedback is most certainly appreciated.
- Middle clicking (scroll wheel) a link will open it in a new tab. It will also close a tab. Holding ctrl while middle clicking will open it in the foreground
- F6 highlights the address bar. Ctrl + l does the same but it also will select all the text (if only a portion of the url is highlighted)
- Ctrl+t to open a new tab with the focus on the address bar.
- “/” opens quick find.
- Ctrl+u to view the page’s source.
- Ctrl+[tab] to switch between tabs, also holding shift reverses the direction.
- Ctrl+0 to reset text to the default size.
- Ctrl+[shift]+t re-opens most recently closed tab.
- ctrl+w closes current tab